Do you have questions?Don't worry.We have the answers.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Dino’s Self Storage Tips.
Inform yourself on these self-storage tips. Learning how to store your items better, safer and tighter can help you make the most of your storage experience. Don’t make mistakes that will end up costing you in the end.
- Take apart anything that can be, so it will take up less room. Make sure to tape all nuts, bolts and screws to the furniture so they are not lost.
- Use any shelving to your advantage.
- Anything with drawers can be used to store smaller items.
- Newspapers, towels or old clothes work great for wrapping breakable items.
- Place a dustcover on the ground of your unit for added protection. We sell dust covers on site that perfectly fit a 10×10 unit!
- Always start at the back of the unit with bigger items and then fill in spaces with smaller things.
- Stack kitchen chairs on top of each other.
- Use storage boxes instead of plastic bags. Boxes provide an easier walking path inside a unit, and plastic bags can promote mildew.
- Label ALL boxes with contents or “FRAGILE” to prevent damage and make sure they are sealed.
- Distribute heavy items in several boxes to make lifting easier and to avoid injury.
- When stacking boxes or storage containers, place heavier things on the bottom and lighter things on top.
- Defrost freezers to prevent water damage inside and be sure to take everything out.
- Remove wheels from furniture, this will help with stacking among other objects.
- Couches or love seats can be stored vertically to give you more room. Place something under the end to prevent damage.
- Use a cart or dolly to move heavy things.